Price Upon Request
The Colonel's House on the Hill
6 BRIDLE STREET, MANSFIELD
This beautiful character residence ‘Tara’ promises modern family comfort while retaining an atmosphere of timeless Southern Colonial class. A rare offering in the heart of Mansfield, it’s on a highset 900sqm block, just a stroll from Aldi, to Metropol Shopping Centre and Carindale Westfield.
In 1973 Colin Wilson, an Australian Colonel acquired this choice location for his family home. Over the years leading after he started construction of double story brick and tile federation era, southern colonial style, one of a kind home.
This historic building is a prime example of early Brisbane architecture, which now plays home to a classic mix of well-preserved character features and the ease of modern living.
Set over two spacious levels the property features both formal and casual living areas, 6 bedrooms, master with ensuite and walk-in robe, an oversize home office with several flexible utility rooms. To cater for the larger family, there are two bathrooms upstairs and one downstairs.
The level grassy yard leads up to home to fully highlight its floor to ceiling pillars. Also features a downstairs master room, leading out to the heated in-ground pool with expansive covered entertaining area perfect for large gatherings.
Located in the Mansfield State High School catchment, showcasing a quality and attention-to detail from an era rarely seen in properties built today, this residence offers the premium lifestyle that Mansfield is famous for.
– Huge 900m2 Block with views over Tillack Park and Bulimba Creek
– Enjoy an elevated setting with Easterly Aspect
– Double brick construction, set over two levels
– Featuring formal and casual living area + home office
– Updated stone kitchen with Miele dishwasher joining huge family room
– Potential for self-contained studio conversion if desired
– Choice of living areas plus separate dedicated dining space
– Solar heated inground pool and expansive covered entertainment area
Features at a glance
– 10kw Solar Panels
– Air Conditioned throughout
– 5000 litre watertank
– Air conditioned upstairs living easily converts into bedroom 6
– Crimsafe security screen.
– Mansfield State Highschool Catchment
– 400m to Metropol Shopping Centre
– 900m to Aldi
– 2km to Carindale Westfield
– Short stroll to bus stops, parks and Pacific Golf Club
Originally built by one of Australia’s honorary colonels, the Australian flag flies high to welcome its new owners. We welcome you to inspect this timeless home and grasp the opportunity to make it your own.
All information provided (including but not limited to the property’s land size, floor plan and floor size, building age and general property description) has been obtained from sources deemed reliable, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or oversights. Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement can be inspected at our office for 3 consecutive business days prior to the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.
Key Product Details
Property Type: House
Land Area: 895 m²